I had a friend of mine Bipro coming home for lunch, he’s the lead singer of a heavy metal band called Albatross, who have been on the show before. Anyway long story short I cooked up a Pesto Grilled Chicken with a chunky cauliflower mash which had cheese and parsley and some sauteed mushrooms with sour cream and chives.
It was delicious and the best part is the recipe is super simple, prepared in minutes and is great meal prep option too.
Watch Albatross on Headbanger’s Kitchen: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iejqfw7fb_k
If you like the show, support us on Patreon: http://patreon.com/headbangerskitchen
Or buy some HK merch from http://www.redwolf.in/demonstealer/
SUBSCRIBE to Headbanger’s Kitchen here : https://goo.gl/zNENs3
Follow us on our new Facebook page www.facebook.com/headbangerskitchen
We’re @headbangerskitchen on Instagram and @HKTweets666 on Twitter.
New Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/headbangerskitchenketorecipes/
My MFP Account: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/profile/demonstealer
I’m not putting macros for the chicken because you only need to input the weight of the chicken breast/thigh that you use and 1 Tablespoon of HK’s Keto Pesto per piece of chicken. It’s pretty simple. Even the mushrooms there are like 3 ingredients so you only need to really input the raw materials. I will try and put macros on the website when it’s launched next week.
For now just leaving them out.
Recipe for the Chicken & Mushrooms
– 1 Chicken Breast
– 1 Tablespoon HK’s Keto Pesto
– 100 grams White Mushrooms
– 1 Clove Garlic
– 1/2 Tsp Red Chilli Flakes
– 1 Tsp Olive
– 1 Tsp Butter
– 1 Tbsp Sour Cream
1. Marinate the chicken with the pesto and some chilli flakes. Allow to marinate for an hour.
2. Heat some oil in a pan and fry the chicken till fully cooked.
3. In the same pan add some butter, fresh parsley and then the mushrooms
4. Season the mushrooms with salt and cook till the water is released.
5. Pour in the resting juices from the chicken
6. Add in the garlic and cook the mushrooms till they get caramelized.
7. Turn off the stove and add in a dollop of sour cream and top with chives and mix well
8. Serve together.
For the cauliflower mash
– 1 Head of cauliflower cleaned and cut
– 2 Tbsp Butter
– 2 Tbsp Fresh Parsley
– 30 Grams of Cheese
– 30 ml of heavy whipping cream
– Salt to taste
– Pepper to taste
1. Microwave the cauliflower for about 10 minutes or till fully cooked. You can also boil or steam it.
2. While still hot add in the butter, parsley and salt and mash with a potato masher.
3. Then add in the cheese and heavy whipping cream and mash
4. Add some pepper powder to finish it off.